Saturday, April 7, 2012

Peacocks and cooking but not cooking peacocks

The simplest things make me happy. Today, my happiness came from seeing the neighborhood peacock crossing the road.  Of course I had to brake hard to keep from hitting it but that's ok.  This was the second time I have seen it so far this spring.  I've been wanting to shoot some photos of it but of course I have never had my camera with me or never been quick enough.  Today, I was lucky enough to be able to get this quick shot.  It's not the best but it was all I could get.  I don't know why I love seeing this silly peacock so much.  Last summer I had this grand idea that I wanted a peacock of my own.  I talked to my dad about building a cage for it to sleep in and everything.  Then I read about how messy and loud they are and that idea went out the window fast.  I will just claim this neighbor peacock as mine.  


Tomorrow is Easter.  I will, of course, be at my parents house for Easter dinner. For some reason I volunteered to make this green bean casserole and these buttered rosemary rolls that I saw on The Pioneer Woman on Food Network. I don't think either will be hard and her recipes are really good.  Every Saturday morning I make sure to be up by 10 a.m. so I can watch her show.  I've made several of her recipes and haven't disliked any of them.  Good stuff!


I'm happy to say that I'm getting a little closer to the bit of nonsense that I touched on in my last post.  I will post more on that when I know for sure.  Just put it this way....I am so excited and I am going to be one happy girl when it happens!!


Happy Easter everyone and stay tuned for more nonsense!!







No comments:

Post a Comment